|One Piece: Grand Line Bout|
Newest Version/Release Date
One Piece: Grand Line Bout is a MUGEN game based off of the popular anime and manga series, One Piece. The game has yet to see a complete release, although three Beta versions and several additional characters have been released to the public.
The game contains characters from the entire manga up to the point where the game stops, which is the Whitebeard War arc, and uses sprites that are based off of the Wonderswan Colour game "One Piece Grand Battle Colosseum", the Game Boy Advance game "One Piece", and the Nintendo DS game "One Piece Gigant Battle". Despite many people asking, the characters are not available to the public, in an attempt to prevent theft.
The following characters have been revealed to the public, through screenshots, videos, or the Betas. Going by the signature of one of the team members , there are at least 36 characters in total. These characters will not be released separately, and there are no plans for them to be at any point. Sounds for the characters will be done near last for completion.
- Monkey D. Luffy - the main character of the story, and captain of the Straw Hat Pirates. A young man who ate the Gum-Gum Fruit (making his body rubber), and whose optimism knows no bounds. He wants to become the King of the Pirates, and many people have commented that he shares a resemblance to the late Pirate King, Gold Roger.
- Roronoa Zoro - the first mate of the Straw Hat Pirates who is lazy enough to sleep through a storm. He wields three swords, and his life's goal is to become the strongest swordsman in the world. Zoro has superhuman strength and speed that garner respect from other pirates.
- Nami - an astoundingly good navigator and a greedy con artist, Nami uses a staff weapon called the Clima Tact, which lets her control the weather. Before Nami was a member of the crew, she stole money to get her home village back from Arlong. Her dream is to make a map of the world.
- Usopp - a compulsive liar with supernaturally-good aim. Usopp is the crew's sniper, and his dream is to become a brave warrior of the sea. He has a masked alter-ego named Sniper King, the king of the snipers, and his weapon of choice is a slingshot (later, he has Kabuto, a staff-like slingshot that is powered by Dials from Skypiea).
- Sanji - the ship's cook, and an insanely strong fighter who only uses his feet in battle. Whenever he sees a girl, he almost instantly falls in love, which makes him quite easy to manipulate. Sanji is chivalrous to the extreme, to the point where he refuses to fight a woman who is trying to kill him.
- Tony Tony Chopper - the youngest member of the crew, Tony Tony Chopper is also the doctor. He's a reindeer who ate the Human-Human Fruit (which allows him to do anything a human can do (like talk) and change between three forms, which are is ordinary reindeer form, his usual half-man half-reindeer form, and his human form, which still has horns and is covered in fur), and his "Rumble Ball" lets him change into seven different forms. If he eats three Rumble Balls in a short period of time, he becomes a monster. He is extremely gullible.
- Nico Robin - the archeologist, a position which comes in handy more than most people would think. She ate the Flower-Flower Fruit, which lets her body parts sprout out of the ground like flowers. She has been involved with many assassin groups before joining the Straw Hat Pirates, the latest being Baroque Works.
- Franky - the shipwright of the crew, who built their new ship (the Thousand Sunny). After being run over by a train while trying to stop it from taking his mentor and father figure from being executed, Franky rebuilt himself as a cyborg in order to survive. Possibly one of the odder members of the crew, with his ridiculous style of dress, his bizarre poses, and his strange catch-phrases.
- Brook - Luffy's long-awaited musician, Brook is nothing but bones. After eating the Revive-Revive Fruit (which allows him to come back from the dead once), his crew was killed in battle, and he was forced to accomplish the crew's shared goal on his own - to travel around the world and return to their friend they left behind, a whale named Laboon. His ship was broken, so he was forced to wait until the Straw Hat Pirates showed up.
- Nefertari Vivi - the princeshe of desert kingdom of Alabasta, Vivi posed as an agent of Baroque Works in order to find out the boss' identity. She fights with two bladed strings, called "Peacock String Slashers", and she joined the Straw Hat Pirates for a short time so they could bring her to her homeland. Ultimately, she tearfully declined to join them permanently.
- Portgas D. Ace - Luffy's brother, and one of the crewmates of the most powerful pirate in the world, Whitebeard. Ace wants to make Whitebeard the King of the Pirates, as being on the Whitebeard Pirates is his pride and joy. He ate the Flame-Flame Fruit, a Devil Fruit that allows him to control and become fire.
- Wiper - a Shandian warrior and a direct descendant of Kalgara, a fierce warrior from 400 years ago. Wiper despises the people of Skypiea, since those people have been trying to take over the Shandians' land for centuries. He is called a demon in battle, and uses a bazooka along with the life-threatening Reject Dial (which causes immense damage at the cost of damaging the user).
- Smoker - a Marine captain who prefers to follow his personal sense of justice, rather than follow the corrupt "Absolute Justice" (do whatever it takes to capture a criminal, even if it involves murdering subordinates, destroying islands, and ruining the lives of common citizens). He ate the Plume-Plume Fruit, which allows him to become and control smoke, and he is constantly chasing Luffy in order to capture him.
- Tashigi - Smoker's direct subordinate, who looks exactly like Zoro's dead childhood friend, Kuina. Tashigi is a fairly strong, albeit clumsy, swordswoman in her own right. Her goal is to get all of the rare swords in the world, so that they are kept out of the hands of pirates, bandits, and other criminals. She is travelling with Smoker to achieve this, and to capture Zoro (who has three rare swords, and who humiliated her in Loguetown).
- Blueno - a member of the elite World Government assassination unit, Cipher Pol 9. Blueno spent years as a bartender in Water 7 before revealing his true identity, and the powers of his Door-Door Fruit (allows him to make doors in anything, including the air) make him an expert at assassination.
- Kaku - a Cipher Pol agent who disguised as a shipwright for several years, Kaku is the second-strongest. Shortly after returning to Enies Lobby, he ate a Devil Fruit which was later revealed to be the Ox-Ox Fruit, Giraffe Model, which gave him a ridiculous appearance when combined with his square body. He quickly adapted to his new form, and was a powerful swordsman who was capable of cutting the Tower of Justice in half.
- Rob Lucci - the strongest Cipher Pol agent in the World Government's history, Lucci has mastered every single Rokushiki (six forms) skill. Always calm, cool, and collected, Lucci is obsessed with killing, admitting once that he joined Cipher Pol so he could legally kill people. He can become a towering leopard-man as a result of eating the Cat-Cat Fruit, Lepard Model, and he is the only member of CP9 to know "Rokuougan", the most powerful attack available to a Rokushiki user.
- Buggy the Clown - a relatively low-end pirate, Buggy and Luffy's idol Shanks served on the same pirate ship as apprentices when they were young. When Buggy found the Chop-Chop Fruit, all he wanted to do was sell it for a hundred thousand Berries, but Shanks surprised him, causing him to accidentally swallow it and gain the ability to separate his body parts. Buggy blames Shanks for this. After being beaten by Luffy, Buggy sought revenge, and is following Luffy around the Grand Line to get it.
- Captain Kuro - a scheming pirate, Captain Kuro faked his own death to get away from the constant pursuit of Marines and bounty hunters. His goals were money and peace of mind, which he sought to get through Kaya, a wealthy and sick young girl. His plan was to force Kaya to write a will giving him all of her money and then kill her, but Luffy and his crew stopped it.
- Don Krieg - calling himself the strongest man in the East Blue, Krieg has strength and technology to match that claim. After entering the Grand Line and having most of his fleet destroyed by "Hawk-Eye" Mihawk, Krieg returned to the East Blue to get a new ship and return to the Grand Line. Luffy, who had been trying to find a chef on the ship that Krieg targeted, defeated him and shattered his armour.
- Arlong - a saw shark Fishman who views humans as nothing but cattle, Arlong's ultimate plan was to dominate the East Blue and, eventually, the world. Blessed with superhuman strength and regenerating sharp teeth, Arlong was able to take over Cocoyashi Village and use Nami as a slave. Enraged by this, Luffy defeated him after a long bloody battle.
- Mr. 3 - a member of Baroque Works and a self-proclaimed artist, Mr. 3's wax sculptures tend to be fatal for his subjects. Eating the Wax-Wax Fruit, he has the ability to generate wax from his body, encasing people in it or using it as a shield. However, he is quite weak when it comes to a straight-up fight, with his superior intelligence being the only thing that keeps him in his position.
- Mr. 2 Bon Clay - a member of Baroque Works, a secret organization lead by Crocodile. With the Clone-Clone Fruit (the Devil Fruit with the ability to make him become a physical duplicate of anybody), Bon Clay held a major role in Crocodile's "Operation Utopia", where he impersonated the king of Alabasta to ruin his name. Bon Clay befriended the Straw Hat Pirates, who saved him from drowning, so he helped them escape a Marine fleet that was outside of Alabasta.
- Mr. 1 - the third highest-ranking member of Baroque Works, beneath Crocodile and Nico Robin. Mr. 1 was formerly a bounty hunter from the West Blue named Daz Bones, and he ate the Dice-Dice Fruit, which turned his skin into steel and gave him the ability to become turn any part of his body into a blade. Zoro gained the ability to cut steel while fighting him, beating him with one direct hit.
- Crocodile - the mastermind behind "Operation Utopia" and a former member of the Seven Warlords of the Sea (until his plans were discovered), Crocodile's goal is to find Pluton, an Ancient Weapon with frightening power, and use it to overthrow the World Government. With the Sand-Sand Fruit, he can create, control, and become sand, making him nearly invincible. He has a giant hook for a left hand, and his right hand can dehydrate anything that it touches. Luffy nearly died against him twice before ultimately achieving victory.
- Foxy - a vain pirate captain who gains crew members by challenging other pirate crews to "Davy Back Fights", contests of skill where crew members are put on the line. He blatantly cheats during these games by rigging the arenas with traps, having the games refereed by his own men (who clearly favour their team), and using the power of the Slow-Slow Fruit to slow down time for his opponents, leaving them unable to move while his team gets ahead.
- Gecko Moria - a gigantic Warlord of the Sea, with a former bounty of 320 million Berries. He ate the Shadow-Shadow Fruit (which lets him manipulate shadows and remove them. If a shadowless person is caught in sunlight, they die), and his overall goal is to avenge the death of his former crew by forming a crew of zombies (who he uses because, as corpses, they can't die easily, and he can always make new ones) and becoming the King of the Pirates.
- Blackbeard - the newest Warlord of the Sea, and a former member of the Whitebeard Pirates. After killing a crewmate to get the Devil Fruit that he aways wanted, the Dark-Dark Fruit, he started his own crew and was pursued by Portgas D. Ace. He defeated Ace using his Devil Fruit's powers (to negate other Devil Fruits temporarily, and to send darkness out of his body and use it to create "infinate gravity") to and took the position formerly held by Crocodile as a result.
- Dracule Mihawk - one of the Warlords of the Sea, and the strongest swordsman in the world. Out of all of the Warlords, he seems to have the worst attendance record for meetings. Formerly a rival to Shanks (before Shanks lost his arm), it is Zoro's goal to defeat him.
- Shanks - Luffy's idol, and as it was later revealed, one of the Yonkou (Four Emperors), the strongest pirates in the second half of the Grand Line. He lost his arm protecting Luffy from a sea monster, and he gave Luffy his treasured straw hat. He once had a rivalry with Mihawk, and he was formerly a cabin boy on the ship of Gol D. Roger, the man who conquered the Grand Line.
- Random Pirate Crew - used as an endurance challenge. All members are AI-controlled and you aim to beat the highest amount that you can while surviving. Also includes other types of nameless characters, such as Marine soldiers
- Trafalgar Law - a rookie pirate with a bounty of 200 million Berries, Law is surprisingly polite and laid-back given his high bounty. His crew is fairly diverse, including a demonic-looking ex-slave and a bear martial artist, and he has apparently consumed a Devil Fruit which allows him to manipulate any object, including individual body parts of opponents, as long as they are withing a certain spherical area.
Since the release of the third beta and the Nintendo DS game One Piece Gigant Battle, other characters have been announced for the final release.
- Whitebeard - known as the Strongest Man in the World and certainly deserving of the title, Whitebeard is one of the Four Emperors, Gold Roger's most prominent rival, and the captain of Portgas D. Ace. Consuming the Quake-Quake Fruit has allowed him to generate earthquakes, and even disregarding his Devil Fruit, the man can take insane amounts of punishment.
- Magellan - the Chief Warden of the most impenetrable prison in the world, Impel Down, Magellan has certainly earned the right. He ate the Venom-Venom Fruit, giving him the ability to generate various kinds of poisons and gases, making him the ideal go-to person to quell riots. By coating his body in poison and changing its constitution to prevent immunity, he is almost invincible.
- Jinbei - former captain of the Fishman Pirates and former Warlord of the Sea, Jinbei was imprisoned in Impel Down for refusing to follow government orders to take part in the war against the Whitebeard Pirates. Absurdly strong on land or underwater, Jinbei is arguably one of the most powerful Fishmen alive.
- Emporio Ivankov - the "Queen" of Kamakkaba Kingdom, renowned as a miracle worker, and a high-ranking Revolutionary, Ivankov is truly one bizarre individual. The power of the Hormo-Hormo Fruit allows him to alter hormones, even transcending the barrier between genders. With his army of transvestites, he assists Luffy in breaking out of Impel Down.
- Boa Hancock - one of the Warlords of the Sea and the empress of the all-female pirate nation Amazon Lily, Boa Hancock is widely considered to be the most beautiful woman in the world. Her childhood as a slave to the World Nobles left her distrusting of all men, save one: Monkey D. Luffy. Using the power of the Love-Love Fruit, she is capable of petrifying any person, male or female, who lusts for her, and her kicks are capable of pulverizing stone.
At the moment, only two characters have been permanently removed from the game. Other characters have undergone major physical overhauls (examples: the Vivi from the second Beta, the Brook that was released to the public), but those characters still remain in the later versions in some form.
- Axe Hand Morgan - a proud and unstable Marine captain, who only achieved his rank as, supposedly, a part of Captain Kuro's plan. He abused his power, forcing civilians to pay ridiculous taxes and allowing his son to do whatever he wants, up to and including murder. Scrapped due to a lack of material to base a moveset off of.
- Marine - generic fodder soldiers hired by the World Government. These individuals often find themselves on the recieving end of a pirate attack, or murdered by corrupt or obsessed superior officers. Scrapped because the expansion of the survival mode made them redundant.
Character Inclusions by Version
|Character||First Beta||Second Beta||Third Beta|
|Monkey D. Luffy||yes||yes||yes|
|Tony Tony Chopper||yes||yes||yes|
Portgas D. Ace
|Buggy the Clown||no||yes||yes|
|Mr. 2 Bon Clay||yes||yes||yes|
- Preview 1
- Preview 2
- Preview 3
- Preview 4
- Preview 5
- Preview 6
- Preview 7
- Mixed Video 1(Crazy Rainbow)
- Mixed Video 2(Adventure World)
- Mixed Video 3(Kokoro No Chizu)
- Roronoa Zoro vs Mihawk (Spirit of Zoro)
- Team Survival: Sound and Music(English Eurobeat Believe)
- Double K.O: Sound and Music(English Eurobeat Believe)
- Ace Survival: Sound and Music(English Eurobeat Believe)
- Mixed Video 4(Kokoro No Chizu)
- Tyler's Ace vs. Kaitsu's Ace
- Whitebeard Preview
- Blackbeard Preview
For the first beta, Captain Kuro and Dracule Mihawk are unlockable if you go to select.def and type in Kuro and Mihawk, respectively, with the names of the rest of the characters.
For the second beta, Wiper is unlockable through the same method as Kuro and Mihawk were in the first beta: type his name into select.def with the rest of the characters.
For the third beta, Lucci, Mihawk, Foxy, and Ms. All-Sunday (an alternate form for Nico Robin) are unlockable by beating Arcade Mode with certain characters, and Trafalgar Law is unlocked by beating Arcade Mode with any of the unlockable characters except Miss All-Sunday. Passwords, which will not be revealed here, need to be entered on the select.def file in order for the characters to be unlocked. In addition, the random Marine and Morgan can be unlocked by entering marine and Morgan, respectively, into the select.def file.
|Characters||Arlong • Nami|
|Full Games||One Piece: Grand Line Bout|