Original command input
Misogi (禊, "Purifier") is a Super Move first appearing in Capcom vs. SNK 2 and SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos. It is the signature move of Shin Akuma, and is one of Akuma's Super Arts in Street Fighter X Tekken.
Executed by pressing in CvS2 and SVC Chaos ( in SFxT) with a full Power bar, Akuma teleports above the opponent and charges down with a devastating strike, doing massive damage to the opponent even when blocked. In Street Fighter X Tekken, Akuma will end the attack by violently smashing the opponent's head into the ground.
The attack also appears in Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition as one of Oni's Specials, except Oni leaps above the opponent instead of teleporting.
Characters in M.U.G.E.N that can perform Misogi
See: Users of the Misogi
- Shin Akuma
- Dee Bee Kaw
- Hong Meiling (Mikage's older version only)
- Pesky Plumber Mario (In Dark Mode only)
- Dirty Kung Fu Man (latest version only)
- Hastur (Edited adaptation of Rare Akuma's Misogi with clones moving across the screen)
- Hige (Also edited adaptation of Rare Akuma's Misogi, but also with random NESTS/Boss Characters (including Orochi and Magaki moving as the clones)
- Homer Simpson (Infantry00's version only)
- Syobon (Has clones of Syobon all over the screen, or one of the hazards from Syobon Action fall on the opponent, ending with Syobon himself falling on the opponent.)