Executed by pressing in CvS2 & SVC Chaos (Or by pressing in SFxT) with a full power bar, Akuma teleports above the opponent and charges down with a devastating strike, doing massive damage to the opponent even when blocked. In Street Fighter X Tekken, Akuma will end the attack by violently smashing the opponent's head into the ground.
The attack also appears in Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition as one of Oni's specials, except Oni leaps above the opponent instead of teleporting.
Characters in M.U.G.E.N that can perform "Misogi"
- Shin Akuma
- Rare Akuma (Clones moves across the screen before that he strike the opponent)
- Dee Bee Kaw
- Sanae Kochiya
- Hong Meiling (Mikage's older version only)
- Lie Meiling
- Pesky Plumber Mario (In Dark Mode only)
- Evil Ryu (Reu's and a few other versions)
- Dirty Kung Fu Man (latest version only)
- Hastur (Edited adaptation of Rare Akuma's Misogi with clones moving across the screen)
- Hige (Also edited adaptation of Rare Akuma's Misogi, but also with random NESTS/Boss Characters (including Orochi and Magaki moving as the clones)
- Homer Simpson (Infantry00's version only)
- Syobon (Has clones of Syobon all over the screen, or one of the hazards from Syobon Action fall on the opponent, ending with Syobon himself falling on the opponent.)