Fatal Fury is a series of fighting games made by SNK Playmore between 1991 and 1999. Set in Southtown, the same location as that of the Art of Fighting games, the series follows the story of Andy Bogard, Terry Bogard and Joe Higashi as they strive to defeat Geese Howard and his crime empire.
Originally developed by SNK for the Neo Geo system, many of its characters have been faithfully and accurately ported to M.U.G.E.N.
Like many SNK games, characters from various series have been crossed over and made playable in some Fatal Fury games.
Games in the series
- Fatal Fury: King of Fighters (1991)
- Fatal Fury 2 (1991)
- Fatal Fury Special (Updated re-release of Fatal Fury 2, 1992)
- Fatal Fury 3: Road to the Final Victory (1995)
- Real Bout Fatal Fury (1995)
- Real Bout Fatal Fury Special (1997)
- Real Bout Fatal Fury 2: The Newcomers (1998)
- Real Bout Garou Densetsu Special: Dominated Mind (1999)
- Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition (1999)
- Fatal Fury: 1st Contact (1999)
Note: while Garou: Mark of the Wolves (1999) is technically part of the series, it is set one generation later with no characters returning but Terry Bogard, and thus would be better discussed as a separate game.
List of characters in the series
|Characters||Axel Hawk • Geese Howard • Laurence Blood • Mai Shiranui • Ryo Sakazaki • Terry Bogard|