Armor (sometimes called Super Armor, Hyper Armor or Auto Guard) is a property of some characters or attacks that has appeared in various fighting games.
Under normal circumstances, whenever a character is hit by an attack that isn't a throw, their current action will be interrupted as they take the hit and receive damage. A character under the effect of armor, however, will still take damage from an attack, but their current action will not be interrupted. This means that if Player 2 with armor is in the middle of an attack animation, attacking them with Player 1 will not stop their attack, and will most likely result in Player 1 eating Player 2's attack. As previously mentioned, throws and other grabs will still be able to interrupt an Armored character. In most games, armor is granted through the use of specific moves such as Focus Attacks in Street Fighter IV, and will only last for the duration of that specific move. The armor granted this way will also only be good against one hit, so a second hit will still be able to interrupt them.
In M.U.G.E.N, some characters have perpetual armor that lasts throughout the entire match, and in some cases will also be paired with immunity to throws and grabs. Characters with armor made for M.U.G.E.N are listed below.
For all intents and purposes of this list, characters with semi-perpetual armor refers to armor that is only granted for the duration of a specific move, but lasts for an infinite number of hits.
Characters with Super Armor
- Nightmare Broly SSJ3
- Bowser (KY-Shanxi's version only)
- Heracross (Gladiacloud & Dylanius9000's version only, paired with throw immunity)
- Yukari Yakumo (Seravy & RicePigeon's version only, paired with throw immunity)
- Yuuka Kazami (Oga's version only)
- Cheap Boss Type (paired with throw immunity)
- Dialga & Palkia (paired with throw immunity)
- Giratina (RicePigeon's version only, paired with throw immunity)
- Rayquaza (Cyberlizard New version only, paired with throw immunity)
- Tedhaun (paired with throw immunity)